Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Design:

If you've visited lately you'll have noticed a few changes to the look of my blog... Blogger presented a number of new layout designs recently and after a bit of experimentation - I eventually took the plunge. I'm quite pleased with the result and I hope that the page presents well... In addition I've included a few new links ( jewellers with a botanical focus) to my blog/website list - their work is simply stunning! If there were enough hours in the day and I had the energy - it'd be wonderful to learn how to craft in silver!! I can easily visualise some of my drawings translating beautifully into 3D. A new blog (see side bar) also worth a visit is by botanical artist Eva-Maria Ruhl - in it she describes her approach to her work beautifully and eloquently..

Found whilst sorting though some papers yesterday - my drawing (it started as a rough sketch - note awful handwriting) of an "Amanita muscaria" or Fly agaric (mushroom) which I found growing on a friend's lawn years ago. I remember being totally absorbed with recording the textural detail - it amazes me even now. Not my best work, but interesting all the same.


 "Amanita muscaria"
Pen and ink and coloured pencil on paper
Copyright (All rights reserved) Denise I Ryan 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment