I've inserted a corner detail from my entry into this post. The completed work is from a number of pencil studies I've been working on over the past two years. We have a beautiful Puriri (Vitex lucens) http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/1966/puriri/1 tree growing outside our living room window - it's a favourite haunt of a number of native birds including the Tui and the Kereru (wood pigeon) http://www.doc.govt.nz/conservation/native-animals/birds/land-birds/nz-pigeon-kereru/ and there's always a lot of activity in and around the tree during the various seasons. If you scroll back to my second or third blog entry you'll see a photograph I took in April of a Kereru sitting in the tree plump and relaxed after gorging itself on berries.
This detail is from the second drawing of the series and features the Puriri flower and immature fruit.The flowers have a wonderful sculptural form.
"Vitex lucens"
Pencil on Canson paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment