Monday, October 11, 2010

Seed Pods II

I've been working away at intervals on the little seed pod drawing I started just over a week ago. It's a slow process and I have to resist the urge to overwork the tonal contrasts - rather build the layers gradually - which is something I'm attempting to master. Such an interesting subject....

Drawing Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010

4 comments:

  1. I love the detail in the drawing and you're right, its a slow process and takes time to build layers well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texture and detail... I think the constant challenge is to keep an overall perspective!! Thanks Jeanette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful intricate work you do Denise!! I might get you to draw my portrait so I can look at it every day, because likely you'll make so beautiful I'll have to tack the image to my face! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Louise and thank you!! I love portraiture - second only to my botanical work. Your image above already reminds me of a face from a Pre-Raphaelite painting... or a photograph by Julia Margaret Cameron.

    ReplyDelete