I finished my Gooseberry on Saturday and have listed it in my Etsy shop
www.worksonpaperart.etsy.com I like the way it sits (slightly left of centre) in the negative space. There's a certain "stillness" that accompanies this... not something that I necessarily aim for when drawing, rather something which sometimes occurs during the drawing process. I think that I've managed to retain the translucency of the skin - though it does look a little "furry" from a distance. :)
Gooseberry
Pencil on Arches Paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012
One of my recent treasuries
A Winter's Tale features beautiful work by a number of fellow Etsians. If you click on an image you'll be taken to the individual artist/seller's Etsy shop. Thank you to all concerned.
Picked by retrofemme
Have a great week. Until next time...
Oh well done on the gooseberry, it's beautiful. I love the texture and the way it sits on the page. As with all your treasuries, this selection has some really gorgeous stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you. :) Etsy is a treasure trove!!!
DeleteI love the gooseberry, it looks like it needs a tickle. ;D Beautiful treasury, as usual! Like a visual poem...
ReplyDeleteSmiling... laughing... what a delightful thought! Thank you L. :))
Delete