I was lucky enough to sell another Maple Seed Pod print on Etsy last week and was inspired to start drawing and painting again. The first thing I did was to finish my most recent Maple Seed Pod study - now listed on Etsy as a limited edition print. It started life as a pencil drawing, then I began adding layers of watercolour wash and detail with a fine brush - the finishing touches didn't actually take very long as I'd done most of the groundwork and I'm reasonably happy with the result. The pod is tiny and was broken when I found it, reminding me of something you might find in an archaeological dig. There's something a little otherworldly about maple seed pods in general isn't there..
Maple Seed Pod "Fragments"
Watercolour and Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012
Have a lovely weekend - until next time.
How lovely. The fragments and detail you've created makes me almost feel the texture of a pod in my hand, dry and crisp. It a great piece.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, maple seed pods are rather prehistoric looking I agree.
Thank you very much Jeanette - your comment has me looking at the pod "through another's eyes", which is always enlightening.
ReplyDelete