A slight departure from my usual subjects this week...
Wetas are NZ invertebrates. Large and slightly frightening to look at if you're not an insect lover, they are often found in the wild inside pieces of rotting wood such as old logs. I actually found this one lurking in my garage. If it had been alive, I would have left well enough alone! but in its present state - a fantastic subject. I started the drawing a couple of days ago - my first insect! It's quite rigid and one of the legs is missing, so I'm having great "fun" with perspective - but I do love the form and markings. I think that it's actually more complex than the majority of my plant subjects - or perhaps the difference makes it more visually challenging...
To be finished.
Weta
Pencil on Bockingford paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012
As a matter of interest (you may already be thinking this) - Weta is the name of the Wellington based special effects
Weta Workshop made famous by "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy".
Finally, my leaf skeleton study (subject of several past posts) is finished and listed for sale as a limited edition print here
Worksonpaperart.
Leaf Skeleton
Pencil on Bockingford paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012
I hope your week is going very well. Until next time.
sketleton dwg is so very beautiful hedera ..thankyou for following my blog .
ReplyDeleteIt's a pleasure Jane - your studies are lovely. Thank you re. my skeleton leaf :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you very much for following my blog :)
ReplyDelete