Sunday, June 2, 2013

Woman in Profile

I'm still in the process of revisiting older studies. This portrait was originally much larger (A1 in size) and I made the decision to cut it down and focus on the woman's face. There was a lot of wasted negative space and I think reducing the size has given the portrait a sense of intimacy which wasn't as obvious before. I've just listed the smaller drawing on Etsy Worksonpaperart as a limited edition glicee print.

Woman in Profile
Charcoal on Paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

Have a great week - until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! She has so much expression

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Polly - it's amazing how much can be revealed with very few marks isn't it:)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning! I think cropping images always makes them more interesting. It not only frames them but if a line is leading off a page your imagination can decide where it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April. I absolutely agree with you - it's fascinating to think of the viewer completing the picture in his or her mind :)

      Delete