Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blue Skies

It's finally stopped raining!! Today was a perfect day outdoors - warm and still with a cloudy blue sky after days and days of gloomy, grey, WET weather. I visited Gordon Harris the art supply shop and used a Christmas gift voucher to buy a block of craft clay for my brooches - I've just introduced an exclusive range of "Wellie" (Wellington boots) brooches to my Felt shop http://www.retrofemme.felt.co.nz  - a couple of Faber Castell watercolour pencils (I'm down to mere stubs in a few of my favourite colours - must invest in an electric pencil sharpener one day) and a tube of Atelier black acrylic paint.

Earlier this evening I also downloaded two new shoe drawings onto my Retrofemme shop (see link under blog list at right). I signed and dated them yesterday, and today was the first opportunity I've had to put them online - something I've been intending to do for weeks. The reason I'm mentioning them here, is because although they are not botanically accurate representations - they are botanically inspired. I'm decorating the majority of the "Wellies" with botanical imagery as well. They're great fun and  already proving to be very popular...

"Damask rose"


Watercolour pencil, graphite and ink on Bockingford watercolour paper
Copyright (All Rights Reserved) Retrofemme 2010




                                                                                                                          
        




No comments:

Post a Comment