Friday, August 27, 2010

Canberra Botanical

I've just received word that my entry into Canberra Botanical 2010 http://www.csiro.au/events/Canberra-Botanical-2010.html has been successful!! It's been a busy, happy week organising framing for the two works (see previous post "Good News" for BASA entry) which are heading offshore next month. If you happen to be in Canberra, Australia in late September - the exhibition details are as follows:

Canberra Botanical 2010
Venue: CSIRO Discovery Centre, Canberra 
25th September to 4th October 2010
Opening night Friday 24th September: Guest - renowned Australian botanical artist Jenny Phillips

Here is my successful entry:

Pseudotsuga menziesii (Douglas Fir Cone) II
Pencil on Canson drawing paper
Copyright (All rights reserved) Denise I Ryan 2010

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations to you Denise! This drawing is so very intricate and beautiful, exquisite detail! I so admire your pieces.. We could trade one day if you like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again Louise - I really do appreciate your feedback. I'm hoping to get some prints organised in the near future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often look at this site... I thought you might also find it inspirational:
    http://rockytopstudio.com/floral-botanical-photographs/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just looked at the link Louise - what absolutely beautiful images!! I could almost believe I was looking at botanical illustrations...

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am visiting because you left a lovely comment on my blog, and I am so glad to be here. Lovely work and congratulations on your entry. What a beautiful drawing. I have subscribed to this blog so I can keep up with your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Eva - I'm also very glad that you are here. I was determined to improve upon my previous attempt (see earlier blogs) and it's extremely nice to receive such positive responses to the latest drawing.
    I look forward to future "chats"...

    ReplyDelete