Saturday, September 18, 2010

After Karl Blossfeldt:

I took these photographs today inspired by the beautiful botanical work of photographer Karl Blossfeldt http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~brand/blossfeldt.html The seed pods (barely 1&1/2 inches from top to bottom) have been sitting on my computer desk for weeks now and I was truly surprised when the new shoot first appeared. Plants courtesy of my garden.

Photographs Copyright (All Rights Reserved) Denise I Ryan 2010

 





4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful images as are your drawings. I will add you to my bloglist so I can continue to track your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeanette. A lovely surprise..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!!
    This is what I would love to have around during winter, when inspiration from the garden is low!
    Beautifully photographed, Denise. What next? Will you paint/draw these?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks Eva. Yes.. I'll draw them - the seed pod is especially fascinating because of the continuous small changes.

    ReplyDelete