Monday, October 25, 2010

Almost...

My seed pod study is almost finished. I had grand intentions of posting the completed drawing, but this is the next best thing... The "threads" you see are quite complex and I have to make sure the light is very good, otherwise it's really difficult to make out the separate strands - even with my high tech magnifying glass!
Hopefully I'll be able to show you the finished drawing in my next post. I already have half an eye on a tiny piece of lichen for my next study...

"Seed Pods IV"
Pencil on Canson Drawing Paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. You've captured the delicacy of the pod and those roots...amazing work. You make me want to draw something now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm feeling quite pleased with the drawing - though I confess to a twinge of nervousness towards completion.. knowing when to leave well enough alone etc. The fact that my work inspires you to draw is a great compliment!

    ReplyDelete