Some years ago I was given a number of white iris bulbs. They originally came from an old gentleman's garden - his house has since been sold and the garden turned upside down - for this reason I feel lucky to have them. It should be noted that I'm an amateur gardener, and for this reason I'm always slightly surprised and very happy when something thrives and blooms!!
In the past week one of the iris bulbs has burst into life. Here is the first beautiful flower... note the exquisite gold marking.
Photographs Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010
Exquisite! It is a joy to look at this white iris!
ReplyDeleteThank you Eva. It is extraordinary - perfect in every detail!
ReplyDeleteDivine.... I look forward to seeing what you might create with it with your 'preservation station'... ;D
ReplyDeleteOwing to the emphemeral nature of such things Louise, this beautiful flower has already wilted and faded...
ReplyDeleteThere are however three more buds on the stem, and I'll make sure I have my pencil and a sheet of good paper at hand when the next one blooms.