Monday, November 1, 2010

Finished At last!

Here at long last is my finished drawing of the little sprouting seedpod. I added the final pencil marks this morning and I feel quite pleased with the result - however, given a few days I"m sure I'll see something I'd like to alter! This is that crucial time when it's best to "leave well enough..."

"Sprouting Seedpod"
Pencil on Canson Paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010


7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Denise! Such intricate detail, so exquisite! I had some mung bean sprouts in tonights salad, and now I am imagining little drawings inside me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful and imaginative response to my drawing... thanks Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detail and that tangled rope of roots. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Jeanette. It was a challenge - and a reminder that I need new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little cascade of hairy roots. What a marvelous subject! You captured it beautifully at a very interesting stage.
    Yes, new glasses for me as well!!! And better light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Eva. I'm very glad that I took the time - it would have been so easy to overlook...
    New glasses and good lighting - yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still trying to work out what it is. My best guess is that it might be something like a crinum lily, with the threads the old, shriveled flower.

    It's familiar, but I'm not sure at the moment if it is something that I have seen before and know, or something that reminds me of something I know. If that makes sense... I'll let is work away at the back of my mind and hopefully it will come to me.

    Lovely picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete