http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d41dc5d3ad06d911f187487/botanica?index=0
In addition I've done a little more work on the painting I mentioned in my previous post. I've applied a little water colour pencil to the shadowed area - you'll see the overlay in the photograph - I haven't added any water at this stage, and will only do this if I'm completely happy with the effect. There's also a little more watercolour definition along the stem - I very much like the soft hues here.
Gently, gently...
Watercolours on Paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Have a lovely weekend. Until next time.
I almost missed this post! Well, I love what you have done and your cautious approach. I tend to be quite impulsive, so I admire your restraint. Here is an idea: I add graphite, especially to leaves, when I get to the "almost finished" stage. Two reasons, one, it works to soften and tone down green. Two, it works well to darken shadows and define veins/edges/tiny details. The best part is, it is not permanent!
ReplyDeleteEva - this is wonderful feedback!I find the caution most often sets in when I reach that almost complete stage (ESPECIALLY) when working on a watercolour drawing. I become worried that I might ruin the work, and have to work very consciously and with real intention to get past this point... I'll definitely try the graphite technique - it'll help tremendously I think - many thanks.
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful Denise - love the bottom one. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Louise:) Cropping and a close focus does create more visual impact doesn't it...
ReplyDelete