My little Cape Gooseberry still waits to be finished - in the meantime I've resurrected a watercolour painting I started a year or two ago. I'd reached that all too familiar "I'm really not sure what to do next" stage, and rather than overwork and ruin the drawing - I put it aside - until yesterday! I've tentatively started adding more colour - still feeling a little lost. I like the sculptural aspect of the drawing, but getting the green tones and shadows right without the colours becoming muddy is very challenging! Here's a wee peek...
Watercolour on paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
On Friday I received an application form for the SBA's www.soc-botanical-artists.org Annual Open Exhibition in London. I'm not sure if I have anything ready which would meet the exacting standards set by the society, and the only alternative is to create a new piece... mmmm.. I'll let you know what eventuates.
This morning I found myself included in an Etsy treasury - the first for www.worksonpaperart.etsy.com and I'm delighted!! Many thanks to AdeleBeeAnn http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d3b7568f9df6d91bcfbf067/whats-new-at-etsy?index=0
Pohutukawa in Bloom
Photograph
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Until next time...
I have to agree with you, sometimes it's better to wait for inspiration to strike. It looks to me like you are well on the way to a lovely painting.
ReplyDeleteThank you Eva - It's a fine line isn't it... I'm just about to post another pic or two showing the very "small steps" I'm taking with the painting. My fingers are crossed!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.