After some thought and re-evaluation I've decided to stop making shoe themed brooches and concentrate more upon the drawn image. I will continue making accessories, however they'll feature illustrative portraits and botanical illustrations instead of shoes. I'll keep working on the shoe drawings as I quite enjoy them for their decorative whimsy and sculptural forms.
I've also decided to broaden my focus in this blog to include portraiture and other figurative subject matter as well as botanical drawing. For a taste of this, here is a small pencil study of a rather sad looking little girl based upon a few precious, slightly tattered, personal family photographs from the 1930s.
Meanwhile the Cape Gooseberry awaits my attentions...
Happy New Year!
"Summer 1938"
Pencil on paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Its good to experiment with subject matter and your drawing skills are so refined that you'll do well in whatever you touch.
ReplyDeleteThe wistful child is lovely. I too like looking at old photos and seeing what I can do with them. I have a few lined up for this year to work with.
Jeanette - thank you! Such lovely comments...
ReplyDeleteYour portaits are wonderful - you are able to capture personality through the expression in the eyes with ease - a gift... I look forward to seeing what you do with your photos!
Happy New Year Denise! I love all your creations and feel a more concentrated move is a good thing! I look forward to seeing your beautiful work for 2011... and to that meeting... :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year and thank you Louise! It'll be a delight...
ReplyDelete