I've had every intention of posting before now, however for one reason or another it just hasn't happened. I can only lay blame upon the season - that slow but steady buildup to Christmas Day, with every shred of unfinished business begging for attention! I feel myself winding down despite all of this, and I thought now was a good opportunity to write an end of year post. I haven't done any more work on my Pohutukawa buds, instead I've taken a pic to show you their slow but steady development - they are fascinating viewed close up. I've also included a pencil study I began the other day of a Cape Gooseberry (skeleton pod with fruit) which someone gave me recently. I think they're beautiful little subjects and I'll have the finished drawing ready for my first New Year's Post.
Until then I wish you all a very Merry Christmas...
Photograph and Drawing Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010
Love the pod. Did you eat the wee berry? It looks like it must be eaten, and a perfect ripeness. Beautiful intricate drawing as usual! I will email you one of mine... Also, have a wonderful Christmas Denise. xx Lets meet in 2011!!
ReplyDeleteLovely pod!
ReplyDeleteI wish you a very Happy Holiday, Denise, and look forward to your beautiful work in the New Year.
Louise and Eva thank you both for your lovely supportive comments.
ReplyDeleteAs the year draws to a close - I wish you both the very best for the season and a very Merry Christmas...
I have wondered about doing a Cape Gooseberry - in fact I live in a suburb called Gooseberry Hil and we have a few shrubs here. They are beautiful subjects and very tasty too!
ReplyDeleteHello Vicki,
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful subjects - a little other-worldly I think... You seem destined to make a study - I'd love to see it when you do.
ps. I'm now a follower of your blog.