You may have noticed a new addition to the side bar of this blog. I really enjoying curating Etsy treasuries which, if you're not familiar with the site, is really like putting together a small exhibition. I wanted to share some of them and after stumbling across a widget which allowed me to do this - here they are, plus several by other sellers which include my work!! If you hover your mouse over the individual pics you should see the relevant details.There are some brilliant international artists and makers on Etsy, so be prepared to while away a good few hours!
"Red Onion"
pencil/watercolour on Canson paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
"Garlic Cloves"
pencil on Canson paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Finally, I'd like to welcome my new blog followers - it's lovely to meet you.
Until next time.
Beautiful drawings, as always Denise. I especially love the onion and the touch of colour in the skin really pulls my eye into the piece.
ReplyDeleteThe treasuries are lovely, so many beautiful things being produced aren't there? Its lovely to share them with the world.
lovely work,graphite is a lovely medium;must do more!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeanette! A touch of colour can be very powerful can't it...
ReplyDeleteI find so much of the artwork on Etsy inspiring, and I'm delighted to be able to feature and share treasuries here.
Many thanks Claire - yes, graphite is a wonderful medium. Colour can be very seductive and eyecatching - but there's so much to be said for a pencil/graphite drawing. You have to deal with essentials and this offers its own challenges - well worth the effort though...
ReplyDeleteGosh the detail in the garlic is amazing, so close to nature and real life. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us Denise!
ReplyDeleteThanks Louise - much appreciated :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Love the detail in both drawings.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Eva :)
ReplyDelete