I've been working on a new watercolour study recently and this is the result of my efforts to date... Seemingly endless distractions have meant that it's taken me a little while to settle into my drawing, and I've found that the only way to "get past myself" was to keep working - even when things were going horribly wrong!! This partially complete leaf study started well, teetered on the edge of disaster then miraculously, (or so it felt) I had a completed drawing I was happy with!! You can see the finished piece in my Etsy shop
http://www.worksonpaperart.etsy.com/autumnleaf
Autumn leaf IV
Watercolour on Arches paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Despite the fact that it heralds in winter, I think Autumn is a lovely time of year... There's so much to like with changing colours and the sort of warm, still, clear blue day which we in Wellington are currently enjoying. I've collected quite a few interesting leaves for future studies and taken a number of photographs of garden subjects which have caught my eye - I hope you like them.
Fatsia japonica
Photographs Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Until next time.
Great leaf study.I love autumn too-its a time when I paint most;all those seedpods,coloured leaves and mushrooms xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Claire. It's a botanical treasure trove isn't it... wonderful shapes and textures. I feel very inspired. :)
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Denise! I'm always awestruck by your incredible detailed work. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely comment Louise :)
ReplyDeleteYou now have a lovely selection of leaves in your Etsy shop, Denise. They look amazing side by side!
ReplyDeleteFall is my most busy painting time. All those bits of dried up plant matter are so lovely. I can see you too will be very productive this season. Looking forward to more :)
i just discovered your blog and have spent some time looking through. inspired. really lovely-all of it:)
ReplyDeleteEva - it's lovely to hear from you. The shapes and textures of autumn leaves are wonderful to draw, and I absolutely agree with you regarding the "dried up " plant matter - I feel positively spoilt for choice at the moment!!
ReplyDeleteps. Your new watercolours are stunning :)
Laura - hello and thank you very much! I'm delighted that you've visited my blog and I look forward to following your own beautiful artistic explorations. :)
Great drawing, I love Autumn and the rich hues it brings to Nature's bounty. cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteThank you Marie - it is a wonderful time of year. :)
ReplyDelete