It is Monday evening and the end of the Easter weekend. Today (the 25th) is also Anzac Day
http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/war/anzacday - a time of remembrance for Australians and New Zealanders. Rain has been falling and the skies overcast - a perfect opportunity to do some sorting... I came across these two unfinished studies of "Phormium cookianum - pods and stems" and thought I might post them "as is". I really like the sculptural forms, and I intend to continue working on them - unfortunately, as Autumn is upon us, I'll have to wait until next spring to do so.
Works on paper - Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010
I took this photograph from my my kitchen window several days ago.
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
I hope you're all having (or have had) a very happy and relaxing Easter holiday. Until next time...
love Phormiums,you must coontinue with them.
ReplyDeleteTis a wonderful sky xx
Thank you Claire - they are one of my favourite subjects. :)
ReplyDeleteA beautiful sky it is - and beautiful sketches... hope you had a lovely Easter D. xx
ReplyDeleteLovely sketches, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteLouise and Marie - Many thanks :) Yes, I had a quiet, relaxing time and was able to catch up on some reading. I hope you're both staying snug and warm during this cold, wintry blast!!
ReplyDelete