Lunaria
Watercolour and pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2011
The WOW show (see previous post) on Sunday was just that - fantastic entertainment on every level!! There were opera singers, classical ballet dancers (see below), children, aerial artists and live sheep!! etc. etc. to give you something of an idea... It's very difficult to tell what most of the outfits are made
from - there's an amazing amount of innovation involved. I particularly
enjoyed the "Under the Microscope" section - even spotting a seed pod
amongst the mutations on stage. Each year features a growing number of international artists This amazing costume from The Netherlands was runner-up to the Supreme Award.
The UK based Supreme winner, Mary Wing To, works in the Royal Mews as a saddler - the craftsmanship involved in her piece is incredible.
If you feel inspired to enter or are thinking about attending the show next year, I wholeheartedly recommend the experience.
Until next time - have a lovely weekend.
I have heard a lot about the WOW shows when in NZ - very innovative of them. Love your Lunaria artwork - nice to see artists getting prints done, I have no experience with this but it's a great option. It's a lovely piece. Enjoy your weekend too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Vicki - I'm really enjoying working on a small scale. Yes, prints are a very good affordable option. I've found a great local printer who uses Hahnemuhle archival paper and the results have been excellent. :)
ReplyDeleteI love this(love ,love ,love) :)
ReplyDeleteClaire, thank you - I'm so that happy you like it. :)x
ReplyDelete