Also (as promised), here are some "spring" photos I took recently. The Kowhia http://web.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/science/about/departments/sbs/newzealandplants/maoriuses/medicinal/trees/kowhai-sophora.cfm seems to be in bloom in every second or third garden at the moment - the flowers look gorgeous set against a clear blue sky.
Tuis love the nectar and are having a wonderful time cavorting amongst the branches - you can hear them loudly trilling, chirping and squawking http://www.doc.govt.nz/conservation/native-animals/birds/land-birds/tui/facts/tui-sound-recordings/ every day. I took the other pic in a local garden centre - had a lovely time wandering about on a beautiful clear afternoon.
Poppy Bud
Watercolour and pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2011
Spring blossoms
Photograph
Copyright D I Ryan 2011
Kowhai ( Sophora) flowers
Photograph
Copyright D I Ryan 2011
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend - until next time.
Love your poppy bud,texture and composition;bowing in submission or ready to burst forth,Fab xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful interpretation Claire - thank you! x
ReplyDeleteit is so beautiful. and i love seeing spring just as we go into autumn:)
ReplyDeleteThank you Laura and I know just what you mean. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you are happy - the poppy is lovely ... must be something in the air with artists' block lately! Love the photos too x
ReplyDeleteThanks Vicki :) Yes, isn't it interesting... So glad you like the photos. x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images Denise, always so much joy in your posts, and it returns me to nature. :)
ReplyDeleteIt inspires me to draw when I receive such lovely comments Louise - thank you :)
ReplyDelete