Monday, March 26, 2012

Treasuries and New Listings

A new drawing and an Etsy treasury. 

My garden is full of flowering (orange) Nasturtiums and I've just completed this pencil study of a bisected seed pod. The pod continued to dry out as I was drawing, becoming smaller and smaller and looking more and more like a tiny fossil... The Arches paper looks cream in this pic, but it's actually white. I may buy some off-white paper to work on as I like the "antique effect" - I think it suits the subject well. The original drawing is available for sale on Worksonpaperart and I'll offer a limited edition print range in the future. I'm also on the verge of finishing the "Monkey Hand Tree Flower" (see previous post) and will most likely post it on Etsy tomorrow or the next day. Putting the drawing away for a few days helped me get past the indecisiveness which always occurs in the final stages...

Nasturtium Seed Pod
Pencil on Arches Paper
Copyright (All rights reserved) D I Ryan 2012

Thank you to all of the Designdot Team sellers featured in the Etsy treasury below. If you click on an image, you'll open the individual shop page.

I hope your week is going well. Until next time.
 

8 comments:

  1. Another lovely selection of wares on offer here. I do love a good browse. Great to see the beautiful detail of the seed pods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you are enjoying the treasuries - I love a good browse myself :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing detail and a beautiful study. The treasury items are all really lovely and I particularly like the flower etching... Hope you get to see a bit more sunshine, have a lovely day xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The flower etching is beautiful and from a lovely shop - lots of delicate, beautifully observed mark making.
      Today the sun is shining. Wishing you the same. x

      Delete
  3. beautiful! I have always loved both nasturtiums and their seeds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura. I love them too - they have such a cheerful, optimistic presence (like sunflowers) and the delightful "strangeness" of the pod forms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your seed pods are beautiful Denise as are all of your treasuries, I enjoy yours so much, always have - thanks for taking the time to create them! Looking forward to seeing more of your work as autumn comes to the fore... those leaf veins are for the taking...or as the word is, 'nervure'... (look it up, it's beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Louise - it's my pleasure :)
    I was looking at some beautiful fallen autumn leaves during my walk this afternoon... it's definitely that time of year.

    ReplyDelete