Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November

It's glorious out today - blue sky with a touch of cloud, a mild breeze and sunshine. Bliss!! The temperature plumetted a few days ago and we spent the evenings huddled in front of a heater, wrapped in blankets. :) I feel that today's drawings reflect the changeable weather perfectly. Firstly, my little "Dried Flower and Bud" (now listed in my Etsy shop Worksonpaperart ), and then my current work - a watercolour study of three lovely leaves I picked up during a recent walk. I've run out of my favourite Arches paper (on my shopping list) and this is on a sheet of Bockingford cold pressed watercolour - it seems to absorb and "flatten" the paint... and I'm not entirely happy with the effect.

 Dried Flower and Bud
Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright Worksonpaperart 2102

 Three Pink Leaves (To be finished)
Watercolour and pencil on Bockingford paper
Copyright Worksonpaperart 2012

We've had some incredible sunsets recently and I took these with my trusty Sony. A band of grey cloud ran right across the sky, quickly changing colour as you can see here.


 Two Wellington Sunsets
Photographs 
Copyright Worksonpaperart 2012

Have a lovely Friday and best for the weekend. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Denise, love your dried flower and bud. Know what you mean about changeable weather - we have had anything from hailstorms to mid thirty degrees so the garden is quite confused.
    But it is nice to think of a long stretch of nice weather ahead.
    Best wishes to you in beautiful NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, thank you :) I was in the garden yesterday, weeding and tidying up... the first time in ages - it's been so wild, wet and windy!! It was a bit of a jungle!! Best wishes to you in return.

    ReplyDelete