I've not made any special artworks such as themed Christmas cards this year - it's been enough just to keep drawing and painting regularly. Yesterday, finding it quite hard to concentrate, I ended up doing some loose sketches in watercolour. The results were pretty awful, but they freed me up and I was able to start some serious work on another small pencil study. When I'm at a loss for a subject, I most often reach into my dried collection and fossick around until I find something that appeals. This time it's another small dried leaf (no surprise there) - very delicate, almost translucent, with spidery, curling veins.
Leaf
Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012
More incredible sunsets taken from my balcony at dawn two mornings ago. They'd look beautiful on canvas in oil or acrylic. Would watercolour work as well I wonder - the colours are so intense...
Wellington Sunsets
Photographs
Copyright D I Ryan 2012
Before I finish today I'd just like to mention my Etsy friend, botanical artist Anne Lawson's wonderful new blog. Her latest post takes the reader on a guided walk through Melbourne to the Art of Botanical Illustration Exhibition currently on at Domain House in the Botanic Gardens. A great read Anne!
Finally, I'd like to say a warm hello to my new blog followers - it's lovely to see you here.
Wishing everyone a happy and relaxing weekend.
NewleafNov..jpg)

SunsetNov.2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment