Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Seasons Greetings

Christmas is almost upon us... I hope that you're all managing to stay calm and are enjoying the more pleasurable aspects of the season. I confess to a few strands of tinsel here and there, plus a small well-dressed tree sitting in pride of place on a chest of drawers - it makes me smile!!

After months of topsy-turvy weather - including a tornado in Auckland last week and a relatively strong earthquake on Saturday morning,  I'm happy to report that the sun is out, temperatures have now risen to an acceptable level and seem happy to stay that way - fingers crossed!! Given that is is officially Summer here, we may even have a beautiful sunny Christmas day. Last year was perfect. :)

I started drawing a small piece of lichen yesterday. I've had difficulty concentrating recently and though this is quite complex, I'm enjoying working on it... It's actually looking a little like an octopus at this point!

Lichen Study
Pencil on Arches paper
(C) D I Ryan 2012

I've also been doing a little work on some older drawings which I'd taken from a couple of family photographs. I've added a little watercolour wash and some subtle patterning (I can't help myself) to their dresses.

 Two Little Girls
Pencil and watercolour on paper
(c) DI Ryan 2011

H
Pencil and watercolour pencil on paper
(c) D I Ryan 2011

The two little girls are listed for sale as a limited edition print series on my newly re-opened Felt shop. I previously sold shoe-themed mixed media art on the site.

I don't usually share recipes on this page but this one is special and perfect for the occasion. Just follow the link to the lovely Mademoiselle Poirot 's blog for her delicious Christmas Cupcakes

Until next time...Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment