Sunday, January 13, 2013

Garden Days

The weather has been very strange of late... We had the hottest Christmas on record (not nice) followed by a week of lovely, summery days - glorious! Since then it's been mostly wild and windy with unseasonable mists and low cloud - to top things off it poured down last night and it's raining right now!! One small consolation is that the temperature remains moderately warm, which I prefer. On the odd fine day (between the wet and windy ones), I've spent time in the garden - weeding , lawn mowing and a doing little vegetable planting. The Pohutukawa growing against the fence is now in flower and looking stunning.



Other garden lovelies



 
All Photographs
Denise Ryan 2013 (c)

Miraculously, I've also managed to do some drawing on a daily basis. Here is the beginning of an Agapanthus study. It has an unusual twisted double stem and flower and is seriously challenging...

Agapanthus
Pencil on Arches paper
Denise I. Ryan 2013 (c)

  I hope all is well in your corner of the world. My very best wishes for 2013. Until next time


2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and drawing Denise,hope the sun comes out soon. Sounds like you're having a summer like ours!!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Claire :) Yes, it does doesn't it - global warming...

    ReplyDelete