Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Agapanthus

Lovely Agapanthus... Yes, I know that here in New Zealand they're regarded as pests, but they really are beautiful flowers aren't they. As you know I've already completed one study


 Agapanthus studies
Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

and have started on another - this features four little flower buds in various stages. I had put three stems in a vase and noticed that some buds were dropping before completely opening. I started really looking at them and...

Agapanthus buds (to be finished)
Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

The weather has settled for the time being and we're enjoying some glorious summer days at the moment. I took these pics last night


Wellington Sunsets
Photograph
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Very strange: even though I'm following your blog, I haven't seen any updates popping up in Blogger for ages! Sorry!

    Your drawings are absolutely amazing as always, not that I actually know what those plants are... I can't remember the last time I've seen such a beautiful sunset, I've really had enough of Winter already! Hope you're well xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologise :) My posts have been few and far between recently and I'm trying to turn that around... Thank you for the lovely comments. We're enjoying the beautiful weather while it lasts - (much needed) rain is forecast for next week :)
    All the best. xx

    ReplyDelete