Phormium cookianum
Pencil studies on paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2013
Despite the fact that tomorrow is the first day of Autumn the beautiful weather continues, and it's official - we've had the sunniest summer on record! Wellington is looking really lovely at the moment, but drought is causing serious problems for farmers throughout the North Island. Luckily, my garden has a lot of native plants which happily get by without any attention from me, however my very small vegetable patch is another story. I water it every few days, and I'm pleased at how the squash and chinese cabbage plants are looking. Isn't the squash flower beautiful...
Photograph
Copyright DI Ryan 2013
Chinese cabbages
Photograph
Copyright D I Ryan 2013
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Until next time.



Beautiful drawing Denise - and such beautiful subjects for painting.
ReplyDeleteI will be glad to see the end of aummer, it's been a long, hot, dry one!
Thanks so much Vicki. We've been lucky in Wellington with mostly moderate temperatures and light breezes. You've all had such a tough time recently...
Delete