Thursday, September 5, 2013

30 Day Challenge

It's been a bit of a "roller coaster" weather-wise though it's been a mild winter with higher overall temps than any on record, but spring is now here and you can definitely feel the difference in the air. A perfect time for new projects!!

Speaking of which - I'm now taking part in a 30 day botanical painting/drawing challenge on Facebook. This great project was suggested by fellow artist Dianne Sutherland (thank you) and is a perfect opportunity to recharge those "flat creative batteries"!! The idea is to (hopefully) finish a daily study of a small, found botanical object such as a seed pod, twig, leaf etc. in a maximum of 90 minutes using paint and/or pencil. I've posted two drawings neither of which I've managed to complete. The first is a lovely little bird's nest I found in my garden a couple of years ago, and the second is a dried seed pod I've had sitting in a container for a longish time. Both are very complex (especially the nest) and I need to choose something smaller and simpler if I want to finish a drawing in the thirty minutes I'm managing to set aside.

Day 1 of 30 day Challenge 
Bird's Nest
Pencil on Sennelier Paper
D Ryan (c) 2013

Day 2 of 30 Day Challenge
Dried Seed Pods
Pencil on Sennelier Paper
D Ryan (c) 2013

I'll keep you posted on my efforts. Have a lovely weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment