Thursday, September 19, 2013

30 Day Challenge Update

I've amazed myself by keeping up with the 30 Day Botanical Drawing Challenge on Facebook (mentioned in my last post). In saying that, I'm running a little behind some of the others (different starting days) - so it's now Day 12 for me.

Day 11 is only one I've actually finished. day 8 is mostly there and I'm resisting the temptation to fiddle with it :) The rest are at different stages which actually gives me the opportunity to complete a serious body of work if I apply myself. They're all small found subjects and I beginning to imagine them framed, hanging in an exhibition...

Below are Day 8 and Day 11 and an update for the (languishing)100 day personal Challenge Savoy leaf study I started over a month go. You can read more about this in an earlier post. For me, this project is highlighting how difficult it is working in isolation. It's so much easier when you're involved in a group -  the supportive feedback and mutual interest really helps keep you focused.

 Papaver sepal
Pencil on Sennelier paper
Day 8 of 30 Day FB Challenge
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

Phormium cookianum
Pencil on Sennelier paper
Day 11 0f 30 Day FB Challenge
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

Savoy leaf
Pencil on Bockingford paper
100 Day Personal challenge update
Copyright D I Ryan 2013

I'll be back with more over the next few weeks. Until then - wishing you all the very best for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment