I'm pleased to say that despite the ongoing distractions, I finished the little bird's nest I started for the 30 day FB challenge and have it listed on my Etsy shop Worksonpaperart as a limited edition glicee print. I also began a painting in acrylic on canvas for the first time in about seven years!! I'd been looking at a smallish rectangular canvas (gesso over an older unfinished painting) for some time, thinking about working in a looser, more organic way for a change. Last Sunday I finally picked up a brush, laid out some tubes of paint and began letting the subject evolve by just moving paint around on the surface. So far, I've created a landscape under a cloud filled sky with more to do. I'm way out of my comfort zone here, but really enjoying the process and sure it'll feed back into my pencil studies in a really positive way.
"Bird's Nest"
Pencil on Sennelier Paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2013
Imaginary Landscape
Acrylic on Canvas
Copyright D I Ryan 2013
To finish, I'd like to show you my latest team challenge Etsy treasury - Small Things. This one is for the Museum of Made and Found team with theme inspiration from Jennifer Sinbads Sister - thanks to everyone for such beautiful listings. Until next time...


nice landscape!! beautiful blue color!
ReplyDeleteartisoo
Hello and thanks so much :)
DeleteI love the bird nest. It is very realistic and the details are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Shelley :)
Delete