Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Autumn leaves:

The overcast days of Autumn continue - though I have to say that the sun is attempting to break through the clouds as I sit at the keyboard. Strong northwesterlies and occasional showers predicted for later...

Over the past few years I've amassed quite a collection of autumn leaves, some from the garden and others found in the street when out walking. My intention was always to draw or paint them, and this morning I pulled out some unfinished pieces. It's always interesting to go back to older work....

Today I've included a couple of pics of one particular drawing which I put aside this time last year. I particularly like the fan shape and autumn colours, though there's work to be done on the stem and the leaf itself needs attention. The eternal question - when to leave well enough alone...

"Autumn leaf detail "                                                                        
Watercolour on Bockingford paper                                             
 Copyright Denise I Ryan 2009                                                       
                                                                              


          















"Autumn leaves"
Watercolour on Bockingford paper and real leaf
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment