Two days ago I happened to look out of my living room window, and there was a Kereru (protected New Zealand native pigeon) sitting on a Puriri (Vitex lucens) tree branch less than a metre away - a perfect opportunity for a photograph... I was sure that the bird would fly away before I had time to put batteries in my camera - but there it was when I pulled back the curtains, and there it obligingly stayed while I snapped away. Kereru love the Puriri berries ( you can see them in the photo behind the bird), and I think it was both very full and a little inebriated! Here is my best shot and a section of detail from a pencil drawing I completed last year.
"Kereru"
copyright Denise I Ryan 2010
"Vitex Lucens" - berries
pencil on Canson drawing paper
copyright Denise I Ryan 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment