Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anticipation:

After (finally) coming to a decision regarding my entry into Canberra Botanical 2010 - I managed to organise and send the required images of my Pseudotsuga menziesii (Douglas Fir) cone off (via e-mail) today!  You can see a preview detail of the finished drawing in a previous post - I really must try and master the technique behind creating a white background for my digital photographs. Artists can expect to be notified of selection or rejection during the week of the 23rd of August. In the meantime, I'm still waiting to hear from the BASA....

I thought you might like two different aspects of a pencil study I completed earlier in the year when the very last of the late summer sweet peas were making their appearance.


 
Sweet pea - flowers
Pencil on Bockingford drawing paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment