"FLORA: The Art and Science of the Plant"
The Palm House, Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney
Friday 10th September to Monday 20th September
Open daily between 10.00am amd 4.00pm
Opening function and awards: Saturday 11th September from 2pm. There will be a gold coin donation and botanical artist Beverly Allen http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/friends/events_activities/botanica_2010/artist/beverly_allen will open the exhibition.
Here is my successful entry:
Vitex Lucens - Puriri (Maori name)
Pencil on Canson drawing paper
Copyright (all rights reserved) Denise I Ryan 2009
As from today my blog has a different name. After some thought I decided to use a botanical term and chose Hedera the beautiful ancient Latin name for Ivy - vigorous evergreen climbing plants with plentiful leaf forms and colours. Most importantly, Ivy is a symbol of lasting friendship and the flowers are loved by bees - what more can I say...
Congratulations on having your work accepted. It is lovely.
ReplyDeleteEva
Thank you very much Eva - your comment is greatly appreciated.
ReplyDeleteDenise