Dried Spring Flower
Pencil on Canson Paper
Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
I heard a Tui http://www.doc.govt.nz/conservation/native-animals/birds/land-birds/tui/ nearby a couple of days ago. He (or she) was in the trees growing along my fence line - singing its heart out. I tried to get a decent pic which isn't all that easy, as they move about quickly and frequently. I think that this is the best of the bunch. I took the second shot from my living room window on a dull day, late one afternoon. At first there were four sparrows sitting diagonally up the tree - but of course, all but one flew away when I lined up the photo. I still quite like the effect - so evocative of a winter's day.
.Photographs
Copyright Denise I. Ryan 2011
A superb drawing,lovely tone and detail.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see this bird-I'd not heard of it before-I would so love to visit NZ xx
Thank you very much Claire. There has been a lot of work locally in regeneration of native bush, which has attracted a lot of native birds back into suburban areas. A Vitex lucens (Puriri) grows next to my house - both Tuis and Kereru (native pigeon) love the berries and nectar and are frequent visitors. I feel incredibly lucky as they are very special birds. :)
ReplyDeleteamazing!!
ReplyDelete