Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Maple Seed Pod III

Last Thursday, I'd just written a quite lengthy new blog post and was in the process of adding an image, when the page disappeared!! I wasn't able to access Blogger for several days (very frustrating) and decided to wait and try again this week - so far, so good...

I posted a newly completed maple seed pod watercolour in my Etsy shop http://www.worksonpaperart.etsy.com  last week, and I've also been busy collating my drawings into greeting card sets to sell on the site. I've been thinking about how to go about this for some time, and have decided to get them professionally printed upon request. If they start selling well (fingers crossed) - I'll get a bulk print run done. After I've finished today's post,  I'll upload some black and white sets as well.


 Maple seed pod
Watercolour on Arches cotton paper 185 GSM
Copyright D I. Ryan 2011

 
Greeting cards
Digital prints on matte card
Copyright D I.Ryan 2011

We've had back to back grey skies over the past week - though the sky is clearer today - and the relatively mild temperatures continue. Officially we've had the 3rd warmest June on record this year! In response to the "gloom", I've curated a couple of new treasuries with Spring in mind - you can view see them on the right side of this page.

Finally, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to my new blog  followers. I wish everyone the best for the remainder of the week and the coming weekend.

Until next time.

8 comments:

  1. I love the maple seed pod - it's very elegant.
    Your blog is full of wonderful things - love the greeting cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Etsy shop and cards are looking fabulous-I've been trying to sort out cards myself-I'll get round to it one day!!Glad you got blogger sorted-it seems to be running better at the mo' for me, love from Walesxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your lovely comments. I'm very pleased that you like the cards. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seedling is beautifully drawn and of course very representative of Canada.

    I think the note cards will sell well as the designs appeal to a broad base and look very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the cards! Your new work is beautiful, I love looking at your shoppe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanette - many thanks re. the seedling. I've got a larger sprig which I will attempt one of these days...

    Thank you Louise - it's great to get such positive feedback on the cards. As Jeanette says, they should appeal to a broad base. I've got quite a collection of bought cards and postcards myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely work! you have some great images on here. Isn't it annoying when Blogger misbehaves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and thank you very much Dianne :)
    Yes it is... I had another brief 'moment' when I tried to publish your comment - but all seems to be well now (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete