Maple Seed Pod Study IV
Pencil on Arches watercolour paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2011
Over the past week I've noticed the return of a wonderful little bird to my garden. I've posted photographs of the "Silvereye" http://www.nzbirds.com/birds/tauhou.html or "Tauhou" previously - they really are a delight to watch. This pic was taken on my deck two days ago - I didn't quite have the right focus quite right, but I thought that the bird lovers amongst you would appreciate the images, regardless. There were actually two of them amongst a host of sparrows and blackbirds. As it's been months since I've seen any, ( read more via the link about the drop in numbers during the winter months) it was thrill to catch sight of some again.
Photograph
Copyright DI Ryan 2011
Little white eyes are so lovely, they are super tiny. I particularly love the fantail, they dance and flit on leaves - beautiful! Your maple seed study looks intricate and delicate as per usual - why not make one of each (pencil and watercolour)... or make a print of the pencil then colour it. :) x
ReplyDeleteThey are lovely and yes, so tiny! I saw some today, being buffeted about by the strong winds - it must be exhausting for them.
ReplyDeleteIt's really a process of refinement isn't it - each (hopefully) an improvement on the one before. I will do as you suggest... many thanks :)
Have a lovely weekend.