Sunday, June 19, 2011

Maple Seed pod II

I hope that you've all had (are having) a very pleasant weekend. I managed to sit at my work table and spend a good number of hours drawing - just as I'd intended. It's interesting to note that not only am I concentrating on smaller subjects ie. seed pods - but I've also found myself working on very small pieces of paper - in one case on an actual postcard!!

Succulent - Copyright D I Ryan 2011

I suspect that this reduction in scale is a way of keeping the whole process manageable for the time being ...

As promised here is my latest maple seed pod which is currently listed as a limited edition print in my Etsy shop http://www.worksonpaperart.etsy.com.

 Maple Seed Pod - Copyright D I Ryan 2011

Best wishes for the week ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I love seed pods now after doing a magnolia version - they are very intricate ... lovely to see you enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something very appealing about working on a detailed small drawing. You can see progress and the process isn't as lengthy as a large piece.

    These seed pods are beautifully drawn and make me want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vicki - the intricacy is fascinating isn't it... I'd love to see your magnolia version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very true Jeanette - I feel that I'd struggle with a larger piece at the moment.

    Thank you very much. I'm continually on the lookout for new seed pods to draw because they are such wonderful subjects.

    ReplyDelete