When I'm finding it difficult to start work after an extended break, I usually pick up something unfinished - this allows me to work in a relaxed fashion without worrying too much either about starting, or the end result. The leaf study is one of those pieces - I couldn't find the actual leaf, but I worked away regardless and found the process of simply making marks very helpful. The Agapanthus seed pod and seeds are from my garden. I'm not entirely happy with the pod shape - however, it's a good exercise.
Drawings Copyright Denise I Ryan 2011
Finally today, I curated another Etsy treasury recently and you can see this in the side bar. Lots of lovely works on paper by some very talented people.
Until next time - Happy art making.
Denise, lovely to have you back! I missed your posts and beautiful drawings. I do hope all is well in your life. The full moon should bring you some drawing energy - I love your new sketches and look forward to seeing more, as usual. And those treasuries.... :)
ReplyDeleteLouise - such a lovely, heartwarming comment. Thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteVery glad to see you back too;theres never enough time but sometimes its great to have a break and come back more focused(hopefully).Keep up your wonderful drawing xxx
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Claire - how kind of you to say so. I do feel refreshed and have just (started yesterday) finished a completely new seed pod pencil study which I'll post here soon. Such a good feeling. :)
ReplyDeleteLove seed pods - hope to see it soon - so important to make time for what you love - and then to share with others xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Vicki - you are quite right! I've actually managed to continue drawing over the past few days and feel much better for it. :)
ReplyDelete