Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Leaf, a Seedpod and a Pink Cloud

I'm happy to say that this week has been a quietly productive one. I managed to finish my latest leaf study (currently available as a limited edition print on Etsy), and begin another small seed pod drawing. I'm not sure of the botanical name at this point and will have to ask my botanist friend. It may be a native - perhaps someone else may be able to tell me...The pod is tiny with small roundish, black seeds.

Little Brown Leaf
Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012

 Seed Pod 
Pencil on Arches paper
Copyright D I Ryan 2012

I'm still working on a very small scale. It feels the most manageable to me and I continue to see subtle changes in the way I draw (for the better I think). A friend also commented on the difference the other day when I showed her the leaf. It reminds me of doing Tai Chi - the same movements are repeated over and over, and each time, deepen and alter infinitesimally...

This amazing pink cloud reminded of a JW Turner painting I saw recently in a library book. I took this looking out of my living room window. The sky was incredible that afternoon.

  Pink Cloud
Photograph
Copyright D I Ryan 2012

I hope you're all having a grand weekend. Until next time

2 comments:

  1. I really like your little brown leaf - nicely curled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jessica - I just had to draw it for exactly that reason :)

    ReplyDelete